Phosphatidylserine, chemically known as Ptd-L-Ser or PS, consists of a phospholipid that has fatty acids and amino acids, is a highly recommended compound to treat cognitive disorders, because its use has shown incredible benefits in the approach, concentration, memory, learning, and coupled with that significantly improves cognitive ability in adults of the elderly who have memory failures. So in 2006, the FDA approved the phosphatidylserine to indicate it in the treatments for dementia and cognitive impairment.
This product is extracted from the natural soybean plant, where the non-genetically modified soybean lecithin or OMG is enriched in Phosphatidylserine in concentrations of 20 to 70% by means of a subtle productive process. In this way, the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA act synergistically with PS to provide the essential compounds for healthy cell membranes. Because, phosphatidylserine is vital to maintaining all cellular functions, especially those of the brain. In this sense, the main actions of the PS are the following:
• Effectively improves the strength of brain cells. So it has an excellent effect in the treatment of brain atrophy, and helps with the prevention of Alzheimer’s, improving the brain function of the elderly.
• Reduces the secretion of stress hormones. In this way, greatly improve the ability of people to withstand situations of pressure, and stabilizes emotions.
• Improves insomnia, distractions, hyperactivity, among others.
• It increases the attention capacity of young people, increasing concentration on learning and thus improving academic performance.
• Relieves physical fatigue.
• Effectively eliminates free radicals, because is a powerful antioxidant; so it is also a very effective nutrient that fights to age.
• Help in prevention and serves as a treatment for cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases.
• Improves immunity.
The product is marketed in the form of a powder that can be mixed with liquid foods. To know more about it, it is recommended to enter the website http://www.biostract.com/product/phosphatidylserine/.